1:4 HD Splitter - EXT-HD-144
One HD Video Input to Four HD Video Outputs
The 1:4 HD Splitter splits one high definition video signal and distributes it to up to four high definition displays at the same time. It enhances home theater and other high definition video environments by allowing one incoming source signal to be viewed on multiple displays at the same time.
Sharp and highly defined video is supported in multiple resolutions up to 1080p. The 1:4 HD Splitter works with satellite set-top boxes, HD DVD players, D-VHS players and other HDTV devices equipped with DVI output as well as high definition televisions and displays equipped with a DVI input. To use with HDMI™ (high definition multimedia interface) sources or displays, Gefen supplies DVI to HDMI™ Cables and Adapters. The 1:4 HD Splitter used with HDMI sources or displays will NOT support audio.
How it works
The 1:4 HD Splitter is a distribution hub that sends the same video to up to four high definition televisions. You simply connect your source to the 1:4 HD Splitter's input using the supplied cable. Up to four high definition displays are connected to the Splitter's outputs. DVI output 1 is the primary connection and is used for the main display. DVI outputs 2, 3 and 4 follow the main display.
HDCP (high bandwidth digital content protection) is a standard encoded into the video signal to prevent it from being pirated. Unless a source, display and any equipment in between are HDCP compliant, the picture is very often relegated to "snow" or a very low resolution, destroying the high definition imagery.
The 1:4 HD Splitter will ONLY support digital video signals. We suggest you use the 1:2 HDMI™ Splitter or 1:4 HD Digital Audio Splitter to distribute digital video and audio.
Note: The 1:4 HD Splitter is HDCP compliant.
DVI, HDCP & HDMI Defined
* 1:4 HD Splitter
* One 5v power supply
* One 6ft HDMI cable
* Flexible solution that sends HDTV to multiple displays at the same time
* Connects up to four HDTV displays at the same time to the same video source
* Allows simultaneous video display at local and remote locations
* Supports 480P, 720P, 1080I and 1080P resolutions
* Supports HDCP compliant devices
* Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 1.65 GHz
* Single Link Range: up to 1080P
* Vertical Frequency Range: 50 - 85 Hz
* Video Input Connector: HDMI 19-pin Type A
* Video Output Connector: DVI-I (29 pin) female, Supports ONLY Digital Signals
* Power Consumption: 15 watts (max.)
* Power Supply: 5VDC
* Dimensions: 9"W x 1"H x 5"D
* Shipping Weight: 5 Lbs.
MFG INFO PAGE