1:4 HD Digital Audio Splitter - EXT-HD-144A
One HD video and Audio Input to Four HD Video and Audio Outputs
Our 1:4 HD Digital Audio Splitter sends high definition video and multichannel digital audio to up to four high definition displays at the same time. It works just like the 1:4 HDTV Splitter, but provides added support for digital audio signals encapsulated with the video in the same connector and cables. The 1:4 HD Digital Audio Splitter very simply and effectively supplements home theaters and digital audio/video systems by allowing an HDTV source, such as a satellite set-top box, HD DVD player, D-VHS player or another HDTV device, to send its audio and video to up to four HDTV displays at the same time.
The 1:4 HD Digital Audio Splitter works with sources and displays equipped with DVI (digital visual interface). To use with HDMI™ (high definition multimedia interface) sources and displays, Gefen supplies DVI to HDMI™ Cables and Adapters.
How it works
You simply connect your HDTV source to the 1:4 HD Digital Audio Splitter's HDMI™ input using the supplied cable. All four displays are connected to the Splitter's four DVI outputs. DVI output 1 is the primary connection and is used for the main display. DVI outputs 2, 3 and 4 follow the main display.
HDCP (high bandwidth digital content protection) is a standard encoded into the video signal to prevent it from being pirated. To view protected content at its highest resolutions, the source, display(s) and any equipment in between must be HDCP compliant. Otherwise, the picture is very often relegated to "snow" or very low resolutions if at all.
Note: The 1:4 HD splitter is HDCP compliant.
DVI, HDCP & HDMI Defined
* 1:4 HD Digital Audio Splitter
* One 5V power supply
* One 6ft HDMI cable
* One TOSlink Cable
* Splits a high definition audio/video signal and sends it to up to four displays at the same time
* Allows simultaneous display at local and remote locations
* Maintains 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p resolutions
* Extends any HDTV compliant device by regenerating the HDTV signal
* Optical TOSlink or S/PDIF digital audio input
* Supports VESA standard and HDTV resolutions
* Supports DDWG standards for DVI monitors
* HDCP compliant
* Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 1.65 Gbps
* Input Video Signal: 1.2 volts p-p
* Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
* Single Link Range: 1080p/1920 x 1200
* Video Input: HDMI Type A 19pin female
* Video Output: DVI-I 29 pin female (digital only)
* Digital Audio: S/PDIF (digital coax), optical TOSlink
* Power Supply: 5V DC
* Power Consumption: 10 watts (max)
* Dimensions: 9"W x 1"H x 5"D
* Shipping Weight: 5 lbs.
MFG INFO PAGE