2x8 HDMI Distribution Amplifier Black - EXT-HDMI-2
One HDMI Input, Eight HDMI Outputs
The 2:8 HDMI™ Distribution Amplifier is the perfect solution for anyone who needs to send one or two sources of digital high definition video to multiple displays at the same time. It supports allHDMI™I equipment, such as DVD players and satellite set top boxes and all HDMI displays. HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a digital point to point interface for audio and video signals. In operation, the digital source is connected to the distribution amplifier on one side. On the other side, eight HDMI outputs are available to be used in part or in full. Once the unit is connected and powered, your source is routed to up to eight digital displays at the same time.
For home theater applications, the unit is HDCP (high bandwidth digital content protection) compliant, making it effective for use with all HDMI displays. HDCP is a standard "key" encoded into the HDMI signal to prevent video data from being pirated. HDCP was strongly endorsed by the entertainment industry. If a source device is HDCP coded and is connected to a HDMI display or projector via HDMI without the proper HDCP decoding mechanism, the picture is relegated to "snow" or in some cases, a very low (480P) resolution. In order to see protected content, the source, the display and any device in between must be equipped with HDMI connections that can enable HDCP using "software key" decoding
How it works
Simply connect your HDMI™ video source to the 2:8 HDMI Distribution Amplifier's input using the supplied HDMI cable. Then connect up to eight HDMI displays to the unit's eight HDMI outputs. Once connected and powered, your source will be seen on all eight displays at the same time
Note:HDMI output 1 is the primary connection and is used for the main display. HDMI output 2 through 8 follow the main display. The HDMI displays attached to the 2:8 HDMI Distribution Amplifier MUST have the same native resolution in order to get a picture.
This HDMI product supports BOTH Audio and Video signals.
DVI, HDCP & HDMI Defined
* 2:8 HDMI Distribution Amplifier
* One 6 foot HDMI cable
* RMT-2IR Remote Control
* 24V External Power Supply
* Rack Ears
* Switch easily between any two HDMI™/DVI sources
* Outputs are mirrored to eight HDMI™/DVI displays simultaneously
* Maintains high resolution video - beautiful, sharp HDTV resolutions up to 1080p, 2k, and computer resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 are easily achieved
* Discrete IR remote (included)
* Serial RS-232 remote port
* HDMI™ compliant
* HDCP compliant
* Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 1.65 Gbps
* Input Video Signal: 1.2 volts p-p
* Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
* Single Link Range: 1080p/1920 x 1200
* HDMI Connector: type A 19 pin female
* Power Supply: 24V DC
* Power Consumption: 60 watts (max)
* Dimensions: 17"W x 1.75"H x 5.5"D
* Rackmountable: 1U rack space
* Shipping Weight: 8 lbs.
MFG INFO PAGE