2x8 HDTV Distribution Amplifier - EXT-HDTV-148
Two DVI Inputs, Eight DVI Outputs
The 2:8 HDTV Distribution Amplifier is an innovative solution for anyone with more complex computer system requirements, like studios and presentation venues where multi-viewing is essential. It accommodates various system scenarios. Most commonly, two video sources (either DVI-equipped computer, DVD player or satellite set top box) are connected to the distribution amplifier on one side. On the other side, eight video outputs are available to be used in part or in full. Once the unit is connected and powered, either source is routed to multiple displays at the same time. All displays are driven by one of two sources; each source is capable of driving eight displays at one time. You switch from source one and two via the RMT-2 remote control. The 2:8 HDTV Distribution Amplifier is also equipped with an auto sensing feature that automatically switches to whatever source is active: when one source is inactive it will automatically switch to the active source.
Gefen's 2:8 HDTV Distribution Amplifier is also a flexible, expandable distribution hub that sends the same DVI graphics source to eight DVI digital screens (flat panels or projectors). It uses a unique DVI Bus? technology to connect multiple amplifiers without sacrificing a DVI output connection. It is equipped with a ninth output that is an expansion output to be used to daisy chain an additional 2:8 HDTV Distribution Amplifier. The 2:8 HDTV Distribution Amplifier is expandable to 256 outputs (32 HDTV DA's).
For home theater applications, the unit is HDCP (high bandwidth digital content protection) compliant, making it effective for use with all HDTV displays. HDCP is a standard "key" encoded into the DVI signal to prevent video data from being pirated. HDCP was strongly endorsed by the entertainment industry. If a source device is HDCP coded and is connected to a HDTV display or projector via DVI without the proper HDCP decoding mechanism, the picture is relegated to "snow" or in some cases, a very low (480P) resolution. In order to see protected content, the source, the display and any device in between must be equipped with DVI connections that can enable HDCP using "software key" decoding.
How it works
You just connect one or two DVI graphics sources to the 2:8 HDTV Distribution Amplifier's two inputs using the supplied DVI cables. Then you connect up to eight DVI displays to the eight DVI outputs on each unit. DVI output 1 is the primary connection and is used for the main display. DVI output 2 through 8 follow the main display.
Note: The DVI displays attached to the 2:8 HDTV Distribution Amplifier MUST have the same native resolution in order to get a picture.
DVI, HDCP & HDMI Defined
* 2:8 HDTV Distribution Amplifier
* One 6 foot DVI cable
* RMT-2IR Remote Control
* 24V External Power Supply
* Rack Ears
* Easily switch between two sources to eight simultaneous displays
* Connects computers with DVI graphics to multiple DVI compatible monitors or projectors
* Connects a HDTV source to multiple DVI compatible displays or projectors
* Maintains high resolution video - beautiful, sharp HDTV resolutions up to 1080p, 2k, and computer resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 are easily achieved
* Discrete IR remote (included)
* Supports DDWG standard for DVI monitors
* Uplink port for easy expansion
* HDCP compliant
* Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 1.65 Gbps
* Input Video Signal: 1.2 volts p-p
* Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
* Single Link Range: 1080p/1920 x 1200
* DVI Connector: DVI-I 29 pin female (digital only)
* Remote Connector: RJ-45 Shielded
* Power Supply: 24V DC
* Power Consumption: 60 watts (max)
* Dimensions: 17"W x 1.75"H x 7.25"D
* Rackmountable: 1U rack space
* Shipping Weight: 9 lbs.
MFG INFO PAGE