See it in action: example 1, example 2
FM Transmitter for dockable iPod
You are looking at the coolest iPod accessory in the world. The iTrip FM transmitter for the iPod can play your music through any FM radio in your car, at a party, wherever the mood strikes you - and you have a radio.
It's clear that the iTrip is made specifically for the iPod. This gives iTrip advantages over similar devices. For example, with the iTrip, you can have the cleanest possible signal - because you can choose any radio station on the dial to tune for the best performance possible. You do this by 'playing' special station codes directly from the iPod itself. Simple.
Another advantage of the iTrip is that it needs no batteries - it receives its tiny amount of power from the iPod. The Original iTrip can even rotate out of the way to charge the iPod while still in use. No more batteries ever again.
There’s not even a power switch – just plug it in and go. It shuts off automatically after 60 seconds of silence - just like the iPod. The iTrip is the ultimate accessory for the iPod because it allows you to share the music and share the fun beyond your headphones. Don't leave home without it.
* Compact Size: 2.4" x .84"
* Built-in antenna
* Power Requirement: None (it's powered by the iPod)
* Modulation: FM Stereo
* Frequencies: 87.7 - 107.9 MHz
* High stability crystal oscillator, phase-lock loop control
* Stereo separation: greater than 45 dB
* Signal distortion: less than .5%
* Frequency response: 50 Hz to 15 kHz
* Operating range: 10-30 feet, depending on the quality of the FM radio receiver (limited by FCC regulations)
* FCC compliant
* International frequencies software selectable
* Any station you choose - digitally--The iTrip allows you to select from over 100 stations, which means you can always find an open band no matter how many radio stations are in your area. You can choose any station, not just the '4 stations' typically found on other devices.
* Just say 'NO' to drift--Digital tuning in iTrip also means the signal doesn’t "drift." Other products use analog circuitry, which allows the signal to drift over time. But not iTrip. Digital tuning means no drift.
* Power to go--The iTrip is also more powerful than competing products, providing a significantly more powerful signal. Although the transmission range will vary depending on your area and receiving radio, iTrip has been used at some pretty amazing distances.
MFG INFO PAGE