2x2 HDMI Switcher - Black - EXT-HDMI-242-BLK
Connect and Access Two Sources from the Same Display(s)
2 Sources + 2 Displays = An Easily Integrated HDTV System
Gefen’s 2x2 HDMI Switcher routes high definition video in multiple resolutions up to 1080p plus multichannel digital audio from any one of two sources to the display(s). Two outputs gives you the choice of sending high definition audio and video signals up to two displays . A digital audio output port is available if you need to direct the audio to an audio receiver. The 2x2 HDMI Switcher eliminates the need to disconnect and reconnect sources to a display equipped with one input. It works with HD-DVD players, TiVo systems and satellite set top boxes that connect to an HDMI display. Either source is accessible at all times by selecting it with an IR remote.
This HDMI product supports BOTH Audio and Video signals.
Fully HDCP Compliant
HDCP (high bandwidth digital content protection) is a standard encoded into the video signal to prevent it from being pirated. If a source device is HDCP coded and is connected to a display or projector without the proper decoding mechanism, the picture is relegated to “snow” or in some cases, very low (480P) resolutions of the images. In order to see high resolution digital video with HDCP compliance, both the source, the display and anything in between must be equipped with HDMI connections that can enable HDCP decoding, such as the 2x2 HDMI Switcher.
How it Works
You simply connect both sources to the Switcher’s inputs. You have the choice of connecting up to two displays and a receiver to the Switcher’s outputs. Once the sources, the switcher and the display(s) are powered and connected, you simply select which source you want to view using the IR remote.
* 2x2 HDMI Switcher
* RMT-2IR Remote Control
* Two 6-foot HDMI cables
* 5VDC Power Supply
* User's Manual
* Switch easily between any two HDMI sources
* Outputs are mirrored to two HDMI displays
* Maintains 480p, 720p, 1080i, and 1080p resolutions
* Additional digital optical audio output extracted from HDMI input for easy connection to multichannel audio receivers
* Maintains high resolution video - beautiful HDTV resolutions up to 1080p are easily achieved
* Discrete IR remote (included); RS232 controllable
* Fully HDMI 1.2 compliant
* HDCP compliant
* Easy to install and simple to operate
* Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 1.65 Gbps
* Input Video Signal: 1.2 volts p-p
* Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
* Single Link Range: 1080p/1920 x 1200
* HDMI Input/Output Connector: Type A 19-pin
* Digital Audio Output: TOSlink
* Remote Control Port: RS232 female, mini-stereo
* Power Supply: 5V DC
* Power Consumption: 20 watts (max)
* Dimensions:10.25”W x 1.125”H x 4.25”D
* Shipping Weight: 6 Lbs.
DVI, HDCP & HDMI Defined
MFG INFO PAGE